The HomeVida platform is inviting Nigerians to compete for its Internet4All creative video competition. The competition supported by Google will offer Nigerians an opportunity to showcase the economic and socio-cultural prospects through skits or tell a magnificent story through their own creativity. Entries must highlight one or a combination of the following;
- How the internet serves as a hub to boost creativity from various walks of life/professions.
- How the internet serves as a booster for the growth of the local economy.
- How the internet improves the quality of lives in the area of service delivery.
- How the internet has been used to promote good governance and citizen participation in governance.
1st Prize: N250,000
2nd Prize: N150,000
3rd Prize: N100,000
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Submissions must not contain obscenity, explicit sexual material, nudity, profanity, graphic violence, calls or incitement to violence, commercial solicitation or commercial promotion. Submissions must conform to local law and must not contain content or images that could be considered abusive, inflammatory, denigrating, or disrespectful to any of the Contest partners, or to any groups, individuals or institutions. Submissions must adhere both in appearance and in fact to the norms of civil discourse. In other words, the content of all submission must be suitable for a global, public audience.
- Submissions must be original content created by entrants and must not contain any elements that are protected by someone else’s copyright or otherwise subject to third party intellectual property or proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights.
- The jury reserve the right to disqualify, at their sole and absolute discretion, any submission that does not adhere to these criteria and to the intent and substance of these Official Contest Rules.
- In the event of any question or difference of views regarding compliance with, interpretation, or application of these content requirements or other provisions of these Official Contest Rules, Homevida reserve the exclusive right to resolve such questions or differences of views in their sole discretion.
- By submitting a video to the competition, the contestant affirms that he or she has obtained written consent from all individuals whose image or likeness appears in the video (or from the individuals’ parent/legal guardian if any such individuals are considered a minor in their country of residence), and that he or she has obtained the necessary rights, licenses, consents, and permissions to use all material such as music, images, text and other content in the submission. The contestant further affirms that he or she is prepared to provide reliable documentation of any and all such consents, licenses, etc., upon request. Failure to obtain such rights, license consents, and permissions may result in the disqualification of the video submission at the Homevida’ sole and absolute discretion.
- All conventional video-editing techniques are allowable. Videos may be edited through any program and in any format but must be compressed and submitted in a format accepted by the YouTube platform.
All entries must be:
- By contestants who are at least 18 years old on the date of entry into the contest.
- Creative and original
- A clear message as highlighted under the competition sub-heading above
- Focused on Nigeria